Smoked Maple Old Fashioned Recipe
We're always in the mood for a smoky old fashioned, especially with the cold weather upon us.
As part of our exclusive SALTY x EC PROJECTS cocktail kit series, Evelyn Chick has developed this delicious smoked maple old fashioned recipe with a cocktail kit to make this beauty in the comfort of your own home!
Rather than the generic simple syrup or sugar cube, this recipe calls for a smoked maple syrup. Not only does this add a fun Canadian flare to your traditional Old Fashioned, you can use this as a simple syrup for all your bourbon-based cocktail favourites!
Get all the ingredients for this cocktail and more with our exclusive Smoked Maple Cocktail Kit! Available for pick-up in Toronto or local delivery in the GTA. Happy cocktailing!
- 2 oz Woodford Reserve bouron
- 3/4 teaspoon of smoked maple syrup
- 3 sprays of Angostura bitters
- 1 orange peel
- wood chips
- Light wood chips on fire and place onto a plate, then cover with a rocks glass. Leave on for 10 seconds
- Flip over rocks glass and add in 2 oz bourbon
- Add three pumps of Angostura bitters and 3/4 teaspoon of smoked maple syrup
- Add ice and stir mixture for 20 seconds
- Garnish with fresh orange zest or dehydrated orange wheel
Don't forget to tag us in your creations with #licksiprepeat!