Hello Spring! It's the first day of Spring in 2019 and we're sipping on this beautiful gin sour recipe featuring our Havana cocktail rimmer.
Infused with lime, mint, raw cane sugar, and of course - grapefruit zest to really bring out citrus and herbal notes to your cocktails. It's also a pretty pastel green that just adds a little bit of oomph to your drink! Get your Instagram ready for this beauty.
For this recipe we're using a family of Dillon's products - made from our friends here in Beamsville, Ontario. If you're around, make sure to visit their distillery!
A traditional sour involves four parts - your spirit (in this instance, gin!), lemon juice, egg whites, and simple syrup. We're switching things up and swapping the simple syrup for some hibiscus syrup. If you want to make it extra boozy, you can try swapping this for Cassis or a berry flavoured liqueur!
- Pour 1 tablespoon of Havana cocktail rimmer on a plate
- Moisten the rim of your glass with a grapefruit wedge and evenly dip your glass into rimmer
- Add all ingredients in a cocktail shaker and shake for 10 seconds
- Add ice and shake for another 15 seconds
- Strain cocktail mixture into Havana-rimmed glasses
- Garnish with hibiscus leaves (optional)
Have you tried our Havana cocktail rimmer in a cocktail yet? Tag us on Instagram with your cocktails at @saltypaloma.