It's time for a sexy summer night affair with our latest cocktail kit recipe - The Great Gatsby, featuring our Havana cocktail rimmer.
Infused with lime, mint, raw cane sugar, and of course - grapefruit zest to really bring out citrus and herbal notes to your cocktails. It's also a pretty pastel green that just adds a little bit of oomph to your drink! Get your Instagram ready for this beauty.
For this recipe we're using a family of Kinsip products - made from our friends here in Prince Edward County. If you're around, make sure to visit their distillery!
I've recently fallen in love with the Kinsip Juniper's Wit Gin for its bold flavour. Add their Hibiscus Rosehip bitters and you'll be starry eyed all night.
Our April cocktail kit also uses Greenhouse Juice Gatsby, a cold-pressed green juice made with cucumber, apple, spinach, kale, lemon and ginger.
Get ready for greatness! You can get the full kit here from our friends at Runner Delivery.
- 1.5 oz Kinsip Juniper's Wit Gin
- 1 oz Greenhouse Juice Gatsby
- .5 oz maple syrup
- 1 egg white
- 3-4 dashes Kinsip Hibiscus Rosehip Bitters
Havana cocktail rimmer
- Pour 1 tablespoon of Havana cocktail rimmer on a plate
- Moisten the rim of your glass with a lime wedge and evenly dip your glass into rimmer
- Add all ingredients in a cocktail shaker and shake for 10 seconds
- Add ice and shake for another 15 seconds
- Strain cocktail mixture into Havana-rimmed glasses
- Add fresh mint to garnish (optional)
Try adding some drops of bitters after to make a little bit of cocktail art! To do this just add a couple drops of bitters in a circle then strike it across with a toothpick. Voila! Instagram-ready.
Have you tried our Havana cocktail rimmer in a cocktail yet? Tag us on Instagram with your cocktails at @saltypaloma.