Tia Maria Tromba Margarita recipe
Adding a salt rimmer to margaritas isn't just for good licks. The salt helps to cut out bitterness in alcohol and also brings out the sour flavour in the drink.
Although you can easily have this margarita without the rimmer, it's way more tasty, and Salty Paloma's margarita salt rimmers are naturally infused with real fruit so you won't feel guilty licking up the whole glass. Get the full scoop on how to rim your cocktail glass step-by-step for margaritas.
To make things interesting this year we're pairing this traditional margarita with Tia Maria - a liqueur with notes of coffee and vanilla.
- 1.5 oz Tromba Anejo
- .75 oz Tia Maria
- .5 oz lime juice
- Dynamite cocktail rimmer
- Pour 1 tablespoon of Dynamite cocktail rimmer onto a plate
- Moisten the rim of your glass with a lime wedge and evenly dip your glass into rimmer
- Add all ingredients with ice into a cocktail shaker and shake for 15-20 seconds
- Fill rimmed glass with ice and pour shaken mixture
- Garnish with a fresh lime peel (optional)
Well, what do you think? Try it out yourself and share your photos with us using #putarimonit on Instagram @saltypaloma.