Matcha hot chocolate recipe
Happy Saint Patricks Day! For those of you who might be looking for an alternative to the traditional Irish coffee, heres something fun to try at home.
Even though I stopped drinking coffee, I never stopped going to coffee shops. Without being able to order my usual, I got really excited with matcha lattes, hot chocolate and other hot drink concoctions.
And why not get the best of all worlds with this delicious matcha hot chocolate latte with of course, a fresh citrus whipped cream!
- ½ cup Matcha Tea
- 1 cup Dark Hot Chocolate (Soma Dark chocolate used with Milk)
- 1 tsp Salty Paloma Matcha Sugar (plus additional for topping)
Optional Whipped Lemon Matcha Cream:
- 1 cup COLD Whipping Cream
- 2 tbsp Salty Paloma Matcha Sugar
- 2 tsp Lemon Juice
1 tsp Lemon Zest
- In a mug, combine your Matcha Sugar, Tea and Hot Chocolate together. Stir to combine.
- To make Whipped Lemon Matcha Cream on top, in a mixer or with a handheld mixer, add your COLD whipping cream and Matcha Sugar on medium high until medium peaks form (approximately 3-5 minutes).
- Add Lemon Zest and Lemon Juice and let this whip for an addition 30 seconds and remove. Store in fridge for up to 24 hours.
- Serve and enjoy!
Salty has been on a journey the last few years, as many Canadian-based small businesses were, pivoting every minute to accommodate every new restriction and rule suddenly placed without further notice.
During this time we have expanded the brand of flavoured salts and sugars to not only add flavour to cocktails, but to add flavour to life. And that includes food! Special thanks to our girl Monica at LiqCulture for creating this beautiful recipe and photos. We love you fam!
Give it a try and let us know what other savoury dishes you can create with our Maria salt. Don't forget to tag us in your creations @saltypaloma on Instagram with hashtag #staysalty!