Heartbreaker Grapefruit Brulee Recipe
Got half a grapefruit? We got an idea for you. Drizzle on some of our Heartbreaker sugar and torch it up for a smoky grapefruit brûlée.
This grapefruit and raw cane sugar combo makes an amazing sugar rim on a classic margarita if you prefer the sweeter side of things. It can also be dissolved into an old fashioned or muddled in a mojito.
We have experienced a lot of changes with Salty over the past few years (as many of us have) and are looking at more creative ways to play with our flavoured salts and sugars. Because why not add sugar and salt to more than just cocktails, but to all of life?
Elevate the typical grapefruit with sugar breakfast and take it to the next level. Give it a try today and let us know what you think!
- Half grapefruit
- Approx. 4 tbsp Heartbreaker flavoured sugar
- ice cream of your choice!
- Place Half Grapefruit on Aluminum foil. Extract some of the surface liquid from the grapefruit by using a paper towel and absorbing the juice.
- Drizzle Heartbreaker Sugar liberally across grapefruit top.
- Using a Kitchen Torch, heat the sugar over top until it starts to melt and turn dark amber. Add additional sugar if required
Let it cool for 10 minutes before serving. Serve with your favourite ice cream (cookies and cream featured in photo)
Salty has been on a journey the last few years, as many Canadian-based small businesses were, pivoting every minute to accommodate every new restriction and rule suddenly placed without further notice.
During this time we have expanded the brand of flavoured salts and sugars to not only add flavour to cocktails, but to add flavour to life. And that includes food! Special thanks to our girl Monica at LiqCulture for creating this beautiful recipe and photos. We love you fam!
Give it a try and let us know what other sweet treats you can create with our Havana sugar. Don't forget to tag us in your creations @saltypaloma on Instagram with hashtag #staysalty!