Honey I'm Home cocktail recipe
HONEY I'M HOME! We're staying in and enjoying this delicious take on the popular gin favourite, the Bees Knees. Typically made with gin, honey and lemon, we're adding some fresh basil and chamomile tea to brighten things up.
For this cocktail we're using Whitley Neill Blood Orange Gin, jam-packed with tons of citrus notes from Sicilian blood oranges, at 42% ABV this flavoured gin is delicately infused to give you an instant kick of flavour.
Of course, one of the ingredients in this signature blend of gin is grapefruit! It's a no brainer we decided to rim this cocktail with our Heartbreaker - made with raw cane sugar and grapefruit. Lick, sip, repeat!
Get all the ingredients to make this cocktail and more with our Stay at Home Cocktail Kit! Order by Thursday at 9pm for Friday pick-up or Saturday delivery in Toronto.
- 1.5 oz Whitley Neill Blood Orange Gin
- .75 oz lemon juice
- .75 oz chamomile honey syrup
- Heartbreaker cocktail rimmer
- fresh basil leaves
- Pour 1 tablespoon of Heartbreaker cocktail rimmer onto a plate
- Moisten the rim of your glass with a lemon wedge and evenly dip your glass into rimmer
- Add all ingredients in a cocktail shaker, add ice, and shake for 20 seconds
- Strain into rimmed glass
- Garnish with fresh basil leaf
Want to see this in action? Check it out on our latest episode on IGTV!
Give it a shot yourself! Share your photos with us using #licksiprepeat on Instagram @saltypaloma. Cheers!