Sweetie Pie Baked Apple Cheddar Dessert recipe
Apple, cheddar, and cinnamon? Yes, please. I didn't know I wanted this dessert until I saw it.
The best part about this recipe is you can eat every part of it, even the bowl! Forget carving melon balls, apple is the new way to go.
Elevate your apple pie this season with some cheese and cinnamon! Get the recipe below.
- 1 Honey Crisp Apple
- 3 tbsp Cheese Curds
- 2 tbsp Cubed Extra Aged Cheddar
- 2 tbsp Salty Paloma Sweetie Pie Flavoured Sugar
- 1 tsp Salted Butter
- ½ tbsp Lemon Juice
- Preheat your oven to 400F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut your Honey Crisp Apple in Half (with bottom intact so it can stand up). Using a melon ball scooper (large size), scoop the insides of the bottom half of the apple. Set aside. Try to keep the skin intact as much as possible.
- Sprinkle 1 tbsp of Salty Paloma Sweetie Pie Sugar along the inside of the apple and place into the oven for 5 minutes.
- While the Apple Base is in the oven, melt butter and place into a small bowl. Mix in cheese, lemon juice, remaining Salty Paloma Sweetie Pie Sugar and the scooped apple until well combined.
- Take Apple base out of the fridge and fill the contents with the Apple and Cheese mix.
- Place into oven for 20 minutes. Let it cool for 5 minutes before serving.
- Serve and enjoy!
Salty has been on a journey the last few years, as many Canadian-based small businesses were, pivoting every minute to accommodate every new restriction and rule suddenly placed without further notice. During this time we have expanded the brand of flavoured salts and sugars to not only add flavour to cocktails, but to add flavour to life. And that includes food! Special thanks to our girl Monica at LiqCulture for creating this beautiful recipe and photos. We love you fam!
Give it a try and let us know what other savoury dishes you can create with our Maria salt. Don't forget to tag us in your creations @saltypaloma on Instagram with hashtag #staysalty!