Tequila sunrise jello shot recipe
Happy Cinco de Mayo! We're celebrating with some tequila sunrise jello shots, of course with Fiesta on the rim!
It's the perfect time to party and we can't wait to slurp up these delicious jello shots.
- 4 oz tequila
- 6 oz fresh orange juice
- 4 oz grenadine
- 2 packs of unflavoured gelatin
- Fiesta cocktail rimmer
- In a small saucepan over low heat, whisk together 2 ounces orange juice, grenadine and maraschino cherry juice
- Add one pack gelatin and let bloom 30 seconds, then whisk to dissolve
- Pour mixture into shot glasses and refrigerate until slightly firm (30 minutes)
- Rinse saucepan and add remaining 4 ounces orange juice and remaining pack gelatin
- Stir until dissolved, then remove from heat and stir in tequila
- Pour mixture on top of first layer in shot glasses and transfer to the fridge to fully set (approx. 4 hours)
- Remove shot glasses from the fridge, moisten the rim of each glass with a lime wedge and evenly dip your glass into Fiesta cocktail rimmer
- Garnish with a fresh lime wedge and serve
Cheers! Hope you have plenty of tacos and tequila this Cinco de Mayo! And if you do try this recipe show us your creations on Instagram @saltypaloma.