Hello Spring! We're kicking off the Easter long weekend with a beautiful gin sour recipe featuring our Havana cocktail rimmer.
Infused with lime, mint, raw cane sugar, and of course - grapefruit zest to really bring out citrus and herbal notes to your cocktails. It's also a pretty pastel green that just adds a little bit of oomph to your drink! Get your Instagram ready for this beauty.
For this recipe we're using a family of Dillon's products - made from our friends here in Beamsville, Ontario. If you're around, make sure to visit their distillery!
Dillon's is most well-known for its gin. But what you may not know is it has an expansive variety of liqueurs, including a delicious strawberry gin. Shake it into a sour with grapefruit and add in a couple dashes of their black current bitters for this brilliant mix of citrus and fruit flavours.
- 1 oz Dillon's Unfiltered Gin 22
- .5 oz Dillon's Rose Gin
- 1 oz fresh grapefruit juice
- 1 egg white
- 3-4 dashes Dillon's Black Currant Bitters
Havana cocktail rimmer
- Pour 1 tablespoon of Havana cocktail rimmer on a plate
- Moisten the rim of your glass with a grapefruit wedge and evenly dip your glass into rimmer
- Add all ingredients in a cocktail shaker and shake for 10 seconds
- Add ice and shake for another 15 seconds
- Strain cocktail mixture into Havana-rimmed glasses
- Add a couple dashes of black currant bitters
- Add fresh mint to garnish (optional)
You can always put the bitters in the drink and shake it all together. But we were a bit extra and made a quick design over the egg whites. To do this just add a couple drops of bitters in a circle then strike it across with a toothpick. Voila! Instagram-ready.
Have you tried our Havana cocktail rimmer in a cocktail yet? Tag us on Instagram with your cocktails at @saltypaloma.