If you're not already in the holiday spirit, this'll pick you up! We love a classic Cosmopolitan, but we decided to shake things up with this spiced cranberry variation using Ungava Gin.
We love using local spirits and Ungava Gin has a beautiful story to it. Crafted only from native Canadian botanicals, the bright yellow hue comes from the post-distillation maceration of the rare botanicals, in particular, the wild rose hips and cloudberry.
Rather than cranberry and lime, this cocktail is made with a spiced cranberry syrup and lemon juice. Here's a great recipe on making the syrup from Good Food Stories. You can also bottle this up as a great holiday gift to friends and family.
Of course, no recipe is complete without a sugar rim! We used Heartbreaker on the side of this glass, made with raw cane sugar and grapefruit for a little touch of sparkle.
Want to shake this cocktail with us? We're offering this for the month of December as part of our open cocktail class, every day from 5-6:30pm. Book a slot with us now!
- Pour 1 tablespoon of Heartbreaker cocktail rimmer onto a plate
- Moisten the rim of your glass with a lemon wedge and evenly dip your glass into rimmer
- In a cocktail shaker add in all ingredients and ice
- Shake vigorously for 10-20 seconds
- Pour mixture into rimmed glass
- Garnish with fresh rosemary sprig
Give it a shot yourself! Share your photos with us using #putarimonit on Instagram @saltypaloma. Cheers!