Happy March! In celebration of International Women's Day, our cocktail class theme this month is called Leading Ladies - featuring exclusive recipes from three badass female bartenders in Toronto!
We'd like to introduce you to Monica Carbonell, inspiring home bartenders with her fabulous blog, Liquid Culture. We actually met Monica for the first time last year at a rum punch competition. She was by far the crowd favourite and we are obsessed with her! She makes every cocktail super approachable with her warm and welcoming spirit. It's a no brainer why she's always selected to feature for cocktail series like ours!
Of course, our cocktail menu won't be complete without a cocktail incorporating our BFFs Patron Tequila. This is a variation of the traditional Old Fashioned but with a modern twist. We updated Monica's Spicy Tequila Old Fashioned
recipe by rimming the glass with Dynamite margarita salt rimmer
made with himalayan sea salt, grapefruit zest, raw chocolate and chili. We call this cocktail the MODERN WOMAN.
Are you in Toronto? Get the chance to make this cocktail with us at our daily open-level cocktail classes! Book your spot today!
- Pour 1 tablespoon of Dynamite cocktail rimmer onto a plate
- Moisten the rim of your glass with an orange wedge and evenly dip your glass into rimmer
- Add grapefruit slice and all ingredients with ice into a mixing glass and stir for 20 seconds
- Fill rimmed glass with ice and pour out cocktail mixture
- Garnish with a grapefruit peel (optional)
See it in action on our latest IGTV episode with Monica!
Try it out yourself and share your photos with us using #licksiprepeat on Instagram @saltypaloma.