This week, we have a special Chinese New Year recipe for 2017 - the year of the Rooster.
Using Mandarin oranges and reposado tequila with our Fiesta rimming salt, we call this smashing citrus cocktail "The Rooster's Call."
Besides using a high quality spirit and a flavourful cocktail rimmer, the trick to making a fantastic cocktail is using real fruit juice. Any drink is a thousand times better when you ditch the pre-made mixes. This tequila smash is especially fun because you get to muddle up the oranges!
- Muddle one peeled orange in a mixing glass
- Add ice, 1.5 oz reposado tequila, .5 oz lime juice to mixing glass and stir
- Pour 1 teaspoon of Fiesta cocktail rimmer on a plate
- Moisten the rim of your glass with a lime wedge and evenly dip your glass into rimmer
- Pour muddled mixture into rimmed glass and garnish with a lime wedge
Love it? Share your photos with us using #putarimonit on Instagram @saltypaloma.