It's pumpkin spice season and we're spicing things up with this pumpkin spice rye old fashioned cocktail. Try this with Dillon's Rye Whiskey and our newest cocktail rimmer flavour: Sweetie Pie.
Made with raw cane sugar infused with grapefruit zest, cinnamon and grounded maple sugar flakes, this sweetie pie will bring a flavourful citrus punch to your cocktails.
Inspired by the Pumpkin Spice Old Fashioned recipe by the lovley ladies at Women and Whiskies, we've added a slight twist using our favourite Rye Whiskey from our friends at Dillon's Small Batch Distillers.
- Add all ingredients in a shaker and shake for 10 seconds
- Add ice into shaker and shake for another 10 seconds
- Pour 1 tablespoon of Sweetie Pie cocktail rimmer onto a plate
- Moisten the rim of your glass with an orange wedge and evenly dip your glass into rimmer
- Add ice to rimmed glass and strain out cocktail mixture
- Garnish with cinnamon sticks
Our variation recipe is pretty fruity, so for the true Old Fashioned purists out there, you can swap out the orange juice for orange bitters. Mmm!
Give it a shot yourself! Share your photos with us using #putarimonit on Instagram @saltypaloma. Cheers!