Pumpkin spice rye old fashioned recipe
Made with raw cane sugar infused with grapefruit zest, cinnamon and grounded maple sugar flakes, this sweetie pie will bring a flavourful citrus punch to your cocktails.
Inspired by the Pumpkin Spice Old Fashioned recipe by the lovley ladies at Women and Whiskies, we've added a slight twist using our favourite Rye Whiskey from our friends at Dillon's Small Batch Distillers.
- 2 oz. Dillon's Rye Whiskey
- .5 oz fresh orange juice
- .25 oz pumpkin puree (unsweetened)
- .25 oz maple syrup
- dash of Aromatic Bitters
- Sweetie Pie cocktail rimmer
- Add all ingredients in a shaker and shake for 10 seconds
- Add ice into shaker and shake for another 10 seconds
- Pour 1 tablespoon of Sweetie Pie cocktail rimmer onto a plate
- Moisten the rim of your glass with an orange wedge and evenly dip your glass into rimmer
- Add ice to rimmed glass and strain out cocktail mixture
- Garnish with cinnamon sticks
Our variation recipe is pretty fruity, so for the true Old Fashioned purists out there, you can swap out the orange juice for orange bitters. Mmm!
Give it a shot yourself! Share your photos with us using #putarimonit on Instagram @saltypaloma. Cheers!