The sun's out, let's get our butts out! And what better way to celebrate Canada's 150 year anniversary than with a Salty Paloma caesar rimmer - made right here in Toronto, Ontario.
Say hello to Maria - with grapefruit zest, lime zest, himalayan sea salt, celery seeds, coriander seeds, jalapeno and cayenne pepper to give your hangover that spicy kick!
Typically a caesar is made with vodka or gin, but we think this Bloody Maria recipe is extra delicious because we swap it with tequila and throw in some cilantro!
- 2 oz reposado tequila
- 2 oz tomato juice
- 1 oz clam juice
- 1 oz lime juice
- fresh mint leaves
- fresh cilantro leaves
- 4 dashes Worcestershire sauce
- 3 dashes hot sauce
- fresh limes and celery (for garnish)
- 2 tbsp Havana cocktail rimmer
- Pour 1 tablespoon of Maria cocktail rimmer on a plate
- Moisten the rim of your glass with a lime wedge and evenly dip your glass into rimmer
- Fill glass with ice, tequila, tomato juice, clam juice and fresh lime juice
- Add cilantro, Worcestershire and hot sauce and gently stir mixture
- Add straw, fresh celery stalk and fresh lime wedge for garnish (optional)
Quick tip: If you're in a hangover and you want a really quick cocktail, there are fabulous Canadian-made mixes that you can get.
Walter Caesar mix has an original and spicy version, and Caesar Squeezers add instant flavour to your clamato juice.
Well, what do you think? Try it out yourself and share your photos with us using #putarimonit on Instagram @saltypaloma.