Are we all Havana good time tonight? We sure are when we're sipping on mojitos. It's actually quite easy to make at home and now even better to enjoy with our new exclusive mojito cocktail rimmer.
This traditional Cuban cocktail is usually served in a highball glass with five ingredients: white rum, sugar, lime juice, soda water, and mint. But why not fancy up your cocktail with a rimmed glass?
Our latest cocktail rimmer, Havana, includes lime, mint, raw cane sugar, and of course - grapefruit zest to really fancy up your mojito. Rim some on for your next summer pool party!
- 2 oz white rum
- 1 oz club soda
- 1 oz lime juice
- fresh mint leaves
- fresh limes (for garnish)
- 2 tbsp Havana cocktail rimmer
- Pour 1 tablespoon of Havana cocktail rimmer on a plate
- Moisten the rim of your glass with a lime wedge and evenly dip your glass into rimmer
- Muddle lime juice with 1 teaspoon of Havana cocktail rimmer until sugar dissolves
- Add ice and tear mint leaves in half and add to glass
- Gently stir for 15 seconds, then add rum, more ice, and club soda
- Gently stir for a couple more seconds, then top off with mint springs
- Add straw and fresh lime wedge for garnish (optional)
Usually this is served with crushed ice for the real Cuban experience, but you can easily do this with normal ice at home and get the same flavour.
Quick tip: If you don't want the drink to be super sweet, skip the sugar or use simple syrup or agave instead.
Well, what do you think? Try it out yourself and share your photos with us using #putarimonit on Instagram @saltypaloma.