Lady Dynamite: Hibiscus and grapefruit margarita recipe
This one is for true adventure seekers. Sweet. Spicy. Salty. Floral? Yes, this cocktail's got it all.
Say hello to Lady Dynamite - featuring our Salty Paloma Dynamite cocktail rimmer. This rimmer is infused with grapefruit, chili, himalayan sea salt and raw dark chocolate, giving you a spicy and sweet twist to this margarita recipe.
To bring out the grapefruit and chocolate elements in our Dynamite recipe, we've added in chocolate bitters and hibiscus syrup in this frothy cocktail mix. This is a bit more advanced than our usual recipes, but it's still super easy to put together - all you need are a few additional ingredients.
- 1.5 oz reposado tequila
- .5 oz triple sec
- 1 oz grapefruit juice
- .5 oz egg whites
- .5 oz hibiscus syrup
- 2-3 dashes of chocolate bitters
- 1 tbsp Dynamite cocktail rimmer (rim 2 glasses)
- Pour 1 tablespoon of Dynamite cocktail rimmer on a plate
- Moisten the rim of your glass with a grapefruit wedge and evenly dip your glass into rimmer
- Add ice, tequila, triple sec, grapefruit juice, hibiscus syrup, chocolate bitters and egg whites in a cocktail shaker and shake for 20-30 seconds
- Pour cocktail mixture into rimmed glass and garnish with a candied hibiscus
I always use fresh ingredients and high quality spirits to bring out all the flavours in a margarita cocktail. For this recipe I used Tromba reposado and one freshly squeezed grapefruit, Scrappy's Chocolate Bitters and the hibiscus syrup and garnish from Wild Hibiscus Flower Co.
Quick tip: If you want your drink to be extra frothy, first shake your mixture without ice, then add ice and shake again.
Well, what do you think? Try it out yourself and share your photos with us using #putarimonit on Instagram @saltypaloma.