It's the first week of September but we're not ready to say goodbye to summer just yet. How about a refreshing gin mojito to cool down and get back-to-school ready.
Our cucumber gin mojito recipe features the amazingly flavourful Dillon's Unfiltered Gin 22 - crafted in their copper pot still by passing vapour through 22 botanicals.
And of course we're using our latest cocktail rimmer Havana, specifically built for mojitos. Infused with lime, mint, raw cane sugar, and of course - grapefruit zest to really bring out citrus and herbal notes to your cocktails.
- 2 oz Dillon's unfiltered gin 22
- 1 oz fresh lime juice
- 1 oz chopped cucumber
- soda water
- mint leaves
Havana cocktail rimmer
- Pour 1 tablespoon of Havana cocktail rimmer on a plate
- Moisten the rim of your glass with a lime wedge and evenly dip your glass into rimmer
Break off a few sprigs of mint and combine with cucumber slices, lime juice and 1 teaspoon of Havana cocktail rimmer in a cocktail shaker
- Muddle the ingredients with the back of a wooden spoon
- Add gin and ice and shake for 30 seconds
- Fill rimmed glass with ice and pour shaken mixture up to 3/4 of the glass, then top with soda water
- Add mint leaves and lime wedges for garnish (optional)
The best thing about this is you can use it both as a cocktail rimmer garnish or directly in your drink! Of course if you'd prefer, you can alway substitute our recipe with simple syrup or a sugar cube.
We also tried this delicious drink with Dillon's rose drink. If you're the type that enjoys a lot of floral and herbal notes, that could be a great variation for you!
Have you tried our Havana cocktail rimmer in a mojito yet? Tag us on Instagram with your cocktails at @saltypaloma.