Coconut lime margarita recipe
Adding a salt rimmer to margaritas isn't just for good licks. The salt helps to cut out bitterness in alcohol and also brings out the sour flavour in the drink.
Although you can easily have this margarita without the rimmer, it's way more tasty, and Salty Paloma's margarita salt rimmers are naturally infused with real fruit so you won't feel guilty licking up the whole glass. Get the full scoop on how to rim your cocktail glass step-by-step for margaritas.
- 1.5 oz Tromba Tequila Blanco
- .5 oz Triple Sec
- 1 oz coconut milk
- 1 oz coconut cream
- .5 oz lime juice
- lime wedges (for garnish)
- 1 tbsp Fiesta cocktail rimmer
- Pour 1 tablespoon of Fiesta cocktail rimmer onto a plate
- Moisten the rim of your glass with a lime wedge and evenly dip your glass into rimmer
- Add all ingredients and ice in a blender for 30 seconds
- Fill rimmed glass with ice and pour shaken mixture
- Garnish with a fresh lime wedge (optional)
Done in 5 easy steps! And all in a blender for a beautiful frothy cocktail. How's that for a labour-less cocktail on Labour Day.
For this cocktail we used our favourite Tromba Blanco and Grand Marnier. If you want some more flavour try it with Tromba Reposado!
So what do you think? Share your margaritas with us #putarimonit on Instagram @saltypaloma.