Summer may be ending, but that means fall is about to begin! We're so excited to dip into those autumn drinks. What way to kick off September than with a floral twist on the margarita?
Today's margarita inspiration is the Tromba St Germain lime margarita. Swapping out the triple sec for a floral elderflower liqueur totally changes the drink. And Tromba Blanca is our staple margarita go-to!
But what makes this the perfect margarita recipe is adding Salty Paloma's Fiesta margarita salt rimmer. The burst of grapefruit zest brings up a sweet citrus twist to the classic lime salt.
Adding a salt rimmer to margaritas isn't just for good licks. The salt helps to cut out bitterness in alcohol and also brings out the sour flavour in the drink.
Although you can easily have this margarita without the rimmer, it's way more tasty, and Salty Paloma's margarita salt rimmers are naturally infused with real fruit so you won't feel guilty licking up the whole glass. Get the full scoop on how to rim your cocktail glass step-by-step for margaritas.
- 1.5 oz Tromba Tequila Blanco
- .5 oz St Germain
- 2 oz lime juice
- lime wedges (for garnish)
- 1 tbsp Fiesta cocktail rimmer
- Pour 1 tablespoon of Fiesta cocktail rimmer onto a plate
- Moisten the rim of your glass with a lime wedge and evenly dip your glass into rimmer
- Add all ingredients and ice in a cocktail shaker and shake for 30 seconds
- Fill rimmed glass with ice and pour shaken mixture
- Garnish with a fresh lime wedge (optional)
So what do you think? Share your margaritas with us #putarimonit on Instagram @saltypaloma.