It's the last month of summer and we're keeping it cool with a refreshing watermelon mojito, topped off with our Havana cocktail rimmer.
Made for mojitos, our latest cocktail rimmer Havana includes lime, mint, raw cane sugar, and of course - grapefruit zest to really bring out citrus and herbal notes to your cocktails.
The best thing about this is you can use it both as a cocktail rimmer garnish or directly in your drink. The traditional way of putting together a mojito is muddling a sugar cube with mint and rum, but we're just going to throw it all in a pitcher and serve this quick and easy.
- 6 oz white rum
- 1.5 cups fresh lime juice
- 2 cups watermelon puree
- soda water
- mint leaves
Havana cocktail rimmer
- Pour 1 tablespoon of Havana cocktail rimmer on a plate
- Moisten the rim of your glass with a lime wedge and evenly dip your glass into rimmer
Combine the mint, lime juice and 2 tablespoons of Havana cocktail rimmer in a small pitcher
- Muddle the ingredients with the back of a wooden spoon until the mint releases its fragrance
- Pour watermelon puree and rum into the pitcher and stir
- Fill rimmed glass with ice and pour mixture up to 3/4 of the glass and top with soda water
- Add mint leaves and lime wedges for garnish (optional)
We actually skipped the rum in this recipe, making a huge pitcher for a family dinner. It's a refreshing drink that tastes great for kids too!
Have you tried our Havana cocktail rimmer in a mojito yet? Tag us on Instagram with your cocktails at @saltypaloma.