Happy National Tequila Day! What better way to celebrate than with some frozen lime margaritas. Of course, no margarita is complete without our Fiesta cocktail rimmer.
Lime salt totally changes the taste of any margarita. It not only cuts the bitterness in the alcohol, it brings out flavours in the tequila.
Our Fiesta cocktail rimmer is made with pink himalayan sea salt, and infused with grapefruit zest and lime zest to give you a fresh citrus twist to your margaritas.
- 1.5 oz tequila
- .5 oz grand marnier
- .5 oz fresh lime juice
- 1.5 oz frozen lemonade
- lime wedges (for garnish)
Fiesta cocktail rimmer
- Pour 1 tablespoon of Fiesta cocktail rimmer onto a plate
- Moisten the rim of your glass with a lime wedge and evenly dip your glass into rimmer
- Add all ingredients and ice into a blender and blend until smooth. Add in more ice to get slushy texture
- Pour mixture into rimmed glass
- Garnish with a lime wedge (optional)
Today we used Patrón Citrónge Lime and Grand Marnier, giving this drink a blast of citrus flavour. I just used frozen Minute Maid lemonade for this recipe, but you can pour your own into an ice cube maker and freeze overnight.
Cheers! Get your marg on and show us your creations on Instagram @saltypaloma.