Honeydew coconut lime margarita recipe
Adding a salt rimmer to margaritas isn't just for good licks. The salt helps to cut out bitterness in alcohol and also brings out the sour flavour in the drink.
Although you can easily have this margarita without the rimmer, it's way more tasty, and Salty Paloma's margarita salt rimmers are naturally infused with real fruit so you won't feel guilty licking up the whole glass. Get the full scoop on how to rim your cocktail glass step-by-step for margaritas.
Of course, we'd recommend using Tromba Tequila Reposado for this drink. The smooth flavour makes such a difference in this refreshing cocktail.
- 1.5 oz Tromba Tequila Reposado
- .5 oz Triple Sec
- 1 oz honeydew puree
- 1 oz coconut water
- .5 oz lime juice
- lime wedges (for garnish)
- Dynamite cocktail rimmer
- Pour 1 tablespoon of Dynamite cocktail rimmer onto a plate
- Moisten the rim of your glass with a lime wedge and evenly dip your glass into rimmer
- For the honeydew puree, chop up honeydew into small cubes. Add honeydew and ice into blender and blend until smooth
- Add tequila, triple sec, honeydew puree, coconut water and lime juice into a blender and blend until smooth
- Fill rimmed glass with ice and pour shaken mixture
- Garnish with a fresh lime wedge (optional)
The best thing about this recipe is all you need is a blender! Mix it up and try it with some other fruits. What makes this drink really is the foundation of the coconut water and our cocktail rimmer. It gives this drink such a unique taste with the mix of refreshing coconut, chili and chocolate.
Well, what do you think? Try it out yourself and share your photos with us using #putarimonit on Instagram @saltypaloma.