Kraken dark 'n' stormy recipe
For all the surprising rainfall we've been getting this summer, we're giving a toast to the classic Dark 'n' Stormy cocktail using our sweet Heartbreaker sugar rimmer.
Invented in Bermuda, this simple drink has two key parts - dark rum (the "dark") and ginger beer (the "stormy").
Our recipe uses Kraken spiced rum that pairs beautifully with a ginger beer. Since this is a pretty spicy drink, the Heartbreaker sugar rimmer softens this drink a lot by bringing out the sweet caramel notes in the rum.
- 2 oz Kraken spiced rum
- 3 oz ginger beer
- .5 oz lime juice
- lime wedge (for garnish)
- Heartbreaker cocktail rimmer
- Pour 1 tablespoon of Heartbreaker cocktail rimmer onto a plate
- Moisten the rim of your glass with a lemon wedge and evenly dip your glass into rimmer
- Fill glass with ice, lime juice, ginger beer, and rum
- Garnish with a lime wedge
The trick to getting the layered look is to add the rum last, giving this drink the dark and stormy look it's named for.
Share your photos with us using #putarimonit on Instagram @saltypaloma. Cheers!