July 10 is National Piña Colada Day! It's the perfect time to blend up that delicious rum coconut and pineapple blend. If you like it you better put a rim on it!
Our latest cocktail rimmer, Havana, includes lime, mint, raw cane sugar, and of course - grapefruit zest to really bring out citrus and herbal notes in this cocktail.
- 1.5 oz dark rum
- .5 oz Malibu coconut rum liqueur
- 2 oz frozen pineapple
- 1 oz coconut cream
- .5 oz lime juice
- pineapple wedges (for garnish)
Havana cocktail rimmer
- Pour 1 tablespoon of Havana cocktail rimmer on a plate
- Moisten the rim of your glass with a lime wedge and evenly dip your glass into rimmer
- Add all ingredients and ice into a blender and blend until smooth. Add in more ice and blend to get a slushy texture
- Pour mixture into rimmed glass
- Add pineapple wedges garnish (optional)
This is just one of the many variations on the Piña Colada you can play with. I like ot use dark rum, but you can definitely use white rum or even a spiced rum for more flavour. I've tried this with a mango rum which was fantastic as well.
Hope you're enjoying National Piña Colada Day with one in your hand! Tag us on Instagram with your cocktails at @saltypaloma.