It's Canada's 150th anniversary! Hope you're all enjoying the fantastic summer weather and sippin' on those cocktails. Today we're celebrating with another Tromba recipe - the Crystalline Green. If you're into something refreshing with a little kick of spice, this drink is for you!
This year we partnered with Tequila Tromba, gifting our Fiesta margarita salt with Tromba Blanco and Reposado bottles sold at the LCBO around the pride parade in Toronto.
Each bottle has a small sample of our rimmer and a booklet with recipes featuring cocktails created by Christopher Whitlow and photographed by Stacey Nagile.
Get them now at an LCBO around Church and Wellesley before they're gone!
- 2 oz Tromba Blanco
- 1 oz fresh lime juice
- 3/4 oz chili infused coconut syrup
- 4 dashes of Mole bitters
- 2 anise hop leaves
Fiesta cocktail rimmer
- Pour 1 tablespoon of Fiesta cocktail rimmer onto a plate
- Moisten the rim of your glass with a lime wedge and evenly dip your glass into rimmer
- Add all ingredients and shake over ice
- Place one large ice cube in rimmed glass and double strain cocktail mixture
- Garnish with anise hop leaf, lime peel and chili
To make the infused coconut syrup all you have to do is dissolve sugar in coconut water, split a chili lengthwise and leave it overnight.
Cheers! Hope you had a fantastic Canada long weekend and if you get the chance to try our Tromba recipes show us your creations on Instagram @saltypaloma.