Royal Gin Fizz Recipe with Empress 1908 Gin
Spring is in the air! Say hello to this frothy, delightful Royal Gin Fizz recipe developed by Ambassador Chantelle Gabino. This is also one of the feature cocktails we'll make at our March Cocktail Class!
Handcrafted in small batch copper-pot stills, Empress 1908 Gin is a collaboration between Victoria Distillers and the legendary Fairmont Empress Hotel in Victoria, British Columbia. On top of traditional botanicals, we add a signature blend of black tea served at the Empress Hotel and butterfly pea blossom, an exotic herb that balances the traditional citrus notes of gin with a warm herbal earthiness, and gives the gin its natural indigo colour.
Of course, one of the ingredients in this signature blend of gin is grapefruit! It's a no brainer we decided to rim this cocktail with our Heartbreaker - made with raw cane sugar and grapefruit. Lick, sip, repeat!
We've even got Chantelle coming in on Friday March 13th for a guest appearance! She'll give us a wicked demonstration on how to achieve this beautiful cocktail. You won't want to miss it!
- 2 oz Empress 1908 Gin
- .75 oz lemon juice
- .75 oz simple syrup
- 1 oz egg white
- 2 dashes Bittered Sling Malagasy Chocolate bitters
- Heartbreaker cocktail rimmer
- 1 fresh grapefruit (for garnish)
- Pour 1 tablespoon of Heartbreaker cocktail rimmer onto a plate
- Moisten the rim of your glass with a grapefruit wedge and evenly dip your glass into rimmer
- Add all ingredients in a cocktail shaker, add ice, and shake for 20 seconds
- Double strain the mixture, remove ice, and shake again (reverse shake method)
- Strain into chilled highball glass rimmed with Heartbreaker
- Top with soda and garnish with grapefruit peel
Want to see this in action? Check out Chantelle bringing this cocktail to life on our IGTV! You can catch up on all our cocktail class recipes revealed on our Salty Sunday Series.
Give it a shot yourself! Share your photos with us using #licksiprepeat on Instagram @saltypaloma. Cheers!