Let's spice things up a bit with our jalapeno watermelon margarita recipe, featuring our classic Fiesta lime and grapefruit margarita salt rimmer.
- 1.5 oz reposado tequila
- .5 oz triple sec
- 1.5 oz watermelon juice
- .5 oz lime juice
- 1 sliced jalapeno
- lime wedge (for garnish)
- 1 tbsp Fiesta cocktail rimmer (rims 2 glasses)
- Pour 1 tablespoon of Fiesta cocktail rimmer onto a plate
- Moisten the rim of your glass with a lemon wedge and evenly dip your glass into rimmer
- Add ice, reposado tequila, triple sec, watermelon juice, lime juice and jalapeno slices in a cocktail shaker
- Pour cocktail mix into rimmed glass
- Garnish with a fresh lime wedge
I always suggest making your juice out of fresh fruits rather than getting the store-bought stuff because it really enhances the flavours in your drink. If you want to make your own watermelon juice it's really easy - just blend in some watermelon until it turns into a puree. I put in the extra step of straining out the clumpy bits so that you get a nice smooth juice.
Love it? Share your photos with us using #putarimonit on Instagram @saltypaloma.