For all you margarita fans we're celebrating National Margarita Day with the perfect margarita recipe. It's got all the lovely parts of a classic lime margarita - reposado tequila, triple sec, freshly squeezed lime juice...
But what makes this the perfect margarita recipe is adding Salty Paloma's Fiesta margarita salt rimmer. The burst of grapefruit zest brings up a sweet citrus twist to the classic lime salt.
Adding a salt rimmer to margaritas isn't just for good licks. The salt helps to cut out bitterness in alcohol and also brings out the sour flavour in the drink.
Although you can easily have this margarita without the rimmer, it's way more tasty, and Salty Paloma's margarita salt rimmers are naturally infused with real fruit so you won't feel guilty licking up the whole glass. Get the full scoop on how to rim your cocktail glass step-by-step for margaritas.
- 1.5 oz reposado tequila
- .5 oz triple sec
- 2 oz lime juice
- lime wedges (for garnish)
- 1 tbsp Fiesta cocktail rimmer (rims 2 glasses)
- Pour 1 tablespoon of Fiesta cocktail rimmer onto a plate
- Moisten the rim of your glass with a lime wedge and evenly dip your glass into rimmer
- Add ice, 1.5 oz reposado tequila, .5 oz triple sec and top off with 2 oz of lime juice in a cocktail shaker
- Pour shaken mixture into rimmed glass
- Garnish with a fresh lime wedge
Notice that we didn't put any simple syrup or agave syrup in this recipe. It's totally up to you if you want to throw some in, but reposado tequila and triple sec has quite a bit of sweetness to it as it is. Try it yourself and let us know what you think!
Cheers! Have a happy Margarita Day! Share your margaritas with us #putarimonit on Instagram @saltypaloma.