Who says you can't put a rim on a whiskey sour? Raise a sugar-rimmed glass this St. Patrick's Day with our feature whiskey sour recipe.
Our grapefruit sugar rimmer isn't just for tequila. Grapefruit and sugar make an excellent companion to many brown drinks like whiskey, scotch and bourbon.
- 2 oz whiskey
- 1 oz fresh lemon juice
- .5 oz simple syrup
- .5 oz egg whites
- 2-3 dashes of grapefruit bitters
- maraschino cherry and orange wedge (for garnish)
- 1 tbsp Heartbreaker cocktail rimmer (rims 2 glasses)
- Pour 1 tablespoon of Heartbreaker cocktail rimmer onto a plate
- Moisten the rim of your glass with a lemon wedge and evenly dip your glass into rimmer
- Add ice, whiskey, lemon juice, simple syrup, egg whites and a dash of grapefruit bitters into a cocktail shaker and shake for about 30 seconds until chilled
- Strain mixture into sugar-rimmed glass
- Garnish with a maraschino cherry and orange wedge
What really makes this whiskey sour are the finishing touches - obviously our sweet Heartbreaker sugar cocktail rimmer, but also the small drops of grapefruit bitters and the garnishes.
For this recipe we used Scrappy's Bitters and Filthy Black Cherry. Let us know what you think! Share your photos with us using #putarimonit on Instagram @saltypaloma.