Besides sipping on margs all day, another amazing salted cocktail we love to drink over the summer is the Salty Dog. If you're feeling something other than tequila, this is the cocktail for you.
The Salty Dog is such a simple recipe, using either gin or vodka and grapefruit juice. And we've got the salt! For this recipe we're using Salty Paloma's Fiesta salt rimmer
, made with Himalayan sea salt and infused with lime and grapefruit zest.
Salty Paloma's margarita salt rimmers are naturally infused with real fruit so you won't feel guilty licking up the whole glass. Get the full scoop on how to rim your cocktail glass
step-by-step for margaritas.
- Wash and chop up strawberries into tiny cubes and muddle in a cocktail shaker
- Add ice, vodka and grapefruit juice to shaker and shake for 30 seconds
- Pour 1 tablespoon of Fiesta cocktail rimmer onto a plate
- Moisten the rim of your glass with a lime wedge and evenly dip your glass into rimmer
- Pour cocktail mix into rimmed glass
- Garnish with a fresh grapefruit peel and strawberry
And there you have it, you salty dog! Depending if you like drinks sweeter you can add a bit of simple syrup or if you'd like it more sour, squeeze half a lime in there. This cocktail is so easy to make and there are plenty of variations you can play around with.
Love it? Share your margaritas with us #putarimonit on Instagram @saltypaloma.