As part of our January exclusive cocktail menu, we channeled Beyonce for this special recipe. Trying to feel a little healthy in an attempt at a detox, we call this The Single Lady, taking in elements of lemon, ginger and of course, vodka.
What makes this especially delightful is the sweet and savoury aspect to this cocktail. We put together an intriguing mix of flavours from vanilla, lemon and cherry and rimmed it with our spicy Maria salt - with grapefruit zest, lime zest, himalayan sea salt, celery seeds, coriander seeds, jalapeno and cayenne pepper to give a spicy addition to this cocktail.
Our January cocktail class was Chinese New Year themed to celebrate the Year of the Rat, and did you know that red envelopes are typically only given to single ladies? We'd be living our best lives collecting cash from family to family. Not a bad gig.
If you didn't get the chance to join us on our exclusive cocktail class this month, here's the recipe for reference!
- .75 oz vodka
- .75 oz Luksusowa cherry vodka
- .5 oz Galliano vanilla liqueur
- .5 oz ginger syrup
- .75 oz lemon juice
- 2 tbsp Maria cocktail rimmer
- fresh rosemary garnish
- Pour 1 tablespoon of Maria cocktail rimmer on a plate
- Moisten the rim of your glass with a lime wedge and evenly dip your glass into rimmer
- In a shaker add all ingredients with ice and shake for 20 seconds
- Strain shaken mixture into rimmed glass
- Garnish with fresh rosemary (optional)
This cocktail was created by Christina Underhill, our not-so-single-lady. She's getting hitched! She also teaches regularly at our cocktail classes in Toronto. Find out more and book your class with us today!
Well, what do you think? Try it out yourself and share your photos with us using #putarimonit on Instagram @saltypaloma.